MUSEUM SERVICE COUNCIL
For more information:
MSC Steering Committee
Architecture and Design Center
Linda Holden Clode
The Galen/Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden
Palm Springs Art Museum
Data Management / Communications:
Museum Service Council (MSC): Interested in joining us?
The Museum Service Council is the volunteer corps which enthusiastically helps to facilitate a broad range of educational activities, inspiring events, and essential services.
We are committed to advancing new museum-wide strategic initiatives that update the visitor experience and connect our audience to art and culture at Palm Springs Art Museum, Architecture and Design Center/Edwards Harris Pavilion, and The Galen/ Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden.
Join us for an enriching and fulfilling volunteer experience. Share your passion for art and culture. Share a dose of desert hospitality with visitors. Volunteer!
Council membership offers countless opportunities to have fun, actively participate, and:
- Welcome visitors and help ensure that each has a memorable museum experience
- Enjoy interacting with visitors during FREE 2nd Sundays, Art for All Ages, and community days
- Usher at Annenberg Theater for live performances, art lectures, and public events
- Help visitors at our fabulous Museum Store and The Vault Design Store
- Greet and serve visitors in Persimmon Bistro
- Join the Landscape Crew to tend the Meyerman and Elrod Sculpture Gardens
- Assist visitors at special events such as Meet the Museum, Day of the Dead, Art Party, Earth Day, donor dinners, museum receptions, and annual gala
- Provide support services to Museum Administration at reception desk, for special projects and mass mailings, and more
- Delight in diverse educational experiences that incorporate informative lectures, docent tours, and enrichment trips
- Celebrate camaraderie and cuisine twice yearly at Council luncheons
MSC Annual Membership Benefits
Five general meetings with captivating art lectures
Quarterly MSC Musings e-newsletters
Three enrichment trips
Spring recognition luncheon for volunteers
“Get in the spirit” Holiday Luncheon
Annual membership roster
Easy Steps to Becoming an MSC Volunteer
- Become a member of Palm Springs Art Museum
- Submit MSC volunteer application
- Complete membership interview and museum orientation
- Receive your identification badge
Congratulations you are now a museum volunteer!
To join or renew a council you must be a current member of the museum.
FOR MSC MEMBERS: CLICK HERE TO LOG VOLUNTEER HOURS OR SCHEDULE AN ASSIGNMENT