2017 Artists Council Exhibition
The Artists Council Exhibition continues on display through December 10 in the museum’s lower level galleries. In its 48th year, the juried exhibition showcases works by 43 Artists Council members, selected from over 300 submissions.
The five winners of this year’s awards were announced at a ceremony on October 7. Congratulations to:
- Laurel Goddard Thomas, winner of the Chair of the Palm Springs Art Museum Board of Trustees Acquisition Award, sponsored by Donna MacMillan. Laurel’s work will become part of the museum’s collection.
- Beth Adams, winner of the Peggy Vermeer Award, sponsored by the Artists Council Board of Directors in honor of their friend and colleague Peggy Vermeer, who has since passed away.
- Nash Lawrason, winner of the Community Award, sponsored by Michael and James Mancini-Heath of Jack Farley's Art Supplies and Debra Mumm of CREATE Center for the Arts.
- Terry Hastings, winner of the Preston Ormsby Award, sponsored by the Ormsby family.
- Veralee Bassler, winner of the Karen and Tony Barone Award for Sculpture, sponsored by Karen and Tony Barone.
The outstanding team of jurors for the exhibition included:
- Lita Albuquerque: an internationally renowned installation and environmental artist, painter, and sculptor.
- David Pagel: an art critic, curator, and professor of art theory and history.
- Rick Royale: owner of Royale Projects, a contemporary art gallery located in LA’s downtown Arts District.
A full-color catalog with images of each art work is available for sale in the gallery.
All artworks are for sale. 50% of the proceeds support Palm Springs Art Museum’s exhibitions, acquisitions, programs, and general operations.
Click HERE to view the all the art in the 2017 Artists Council Exhibition