Palm Springs Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Major & Planned Gifts Officer
Under the direction of the Director of Development, secures major gifts of $25,000 or more from individuals in support of the museum’s mission and strategic plan; leads the effort to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new and existing planned gift donors and prospects; manages a portfolio of 100+ major and planned gift donors and prospects; and serves as Department liaison to 4 curatorial councils (Architecture and Design Council, Contemporary Art Council, Photography Collections Council, and Western Art Council).
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of 10+ years’ successful fundraising experience working with major and planned gift donors, prospects, and volunteer leadership.
- Experience managing a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects.
- Broad knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets, and estates.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or other fundraising database) and MS Office.
- Experience at arts, cultural, and educational institutions is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Security Officer - Full Time & Part Time/On-Call
Enforces safety and security policies and procedures at multiple museum facilities to ensure exceptional customer service and a safe environment; monitors entry points to prevent unauthorized access into the facilities; monitors activity and traffic in assigned areas to observe and document issues; provides guests with information upon request; responds to medical emergencies; directs guests and staff in case of fire or other emergencies requiring evacuation of the museum.
- Security Guard Card, Security Guard skills training, and/or previous security experience is preferred.
- Full-time, regular security officers must possess flexibility in shift scheduling and be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays at any of our Coachella Valley locations. (Applicants with restricted availability may apply to be on-call officers.)
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and customer-service oriented.
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills; a professional, courteous, and helpful attitude is required.
- Working knowledge of museums, exhibits, and activities taking place within a museum is preferred, but not required.
- High school graduation required.
- Must pass background check.
Facilities Assistant - Full Time
The facilities assistant performs general housekeeping and basic maintenance at all facilities. This position works, interacts and interfaces with all museum departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minor to moderate cleaning; carpet shampooing, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, windows, mirrors and light fixtures.
- Empty trash cans throughout facilities; indoors, outdoors and offices.
- Assist with event set-up, break down and provide assistance during events.
- Perform general maintenence duties, such as repairs, paint touch-ups, furniture assembly, inventory and replenishment of supplies.
- Commuting to and from other museum facilites.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of safe cleaning practices and use of products.
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to prioritize duties, responsibilities and projects and complete in time alloted.
- Perform duties under a variety of working conditions, indoor/outdoor, in all weather conditions.
- Standing and moving for extended periods of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Valid Driver's License is required.